Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Elena's First Day of Preschool

Elena was all smiles on her first morning of preschool. Her teachers this year are Mrs. Decker (mom of one of Alex's friends) and Mrs. Boyer (mom of Elena's friend Sofie and one of her teachers last year in the 2s class). It also helped put a smile on her face knowing that that her good buddy Eve is in her class. Alex insisted on wearing his "favorite shirt" with Iron Man on it. I don't know that he has ever watched Iron Man, but he sure loves this shirt!
Along with their healthy breakfast to start the day, the kids got a mini powdered sugar donut to eat. Alex enjoyed showing off his powdered sugar covered mouth for my ever-present camera.
My back to school tradition with each of the kids is a "just mommy and me" trip for a milkshake after the first day of school. Alex picked a vanilla shake from Steak and Shake after his first day on Monday. On Tuesday, Elena picked a chocolate shake from McDonalds. After Elena and I returned home on our evening milkshake run, we found the boys playing a little soccer in the backyard.
So Elena and I took the opportunity to sit down together to talk about our day. I am looking forward to hearing all about her preschool adventures this year!