Friday, January 30, 2009

The World According to Alex

Each Friday, Alex's preschool class does "Creative Expressions." Each child takes a turn coming out into the hallway to answer a question with the volunteer Mom of the week. The questions are tied to something the class has been talking about that week. I have volunteered the last two Fridays and have enjoyed spending a little one-on-one time with each of the kids and getting to see their personalities a bit more. The best part of "Creative Expressions" though is finding out what Alex's four-year old imaginative brain comes up. Here are some of our favorites:



What is your job?
My Dad's job is to fix people. My Mom's job is to talk to people. My job is to go to school.

What can you do now that you could not do when you were a baby?
I can walk now. When I was small I was in Russia and people took good care of me and there were lots of babies and I shared my crib. But now I have my own bed.

What makes you giggle?
When Daddy tickles me, and Elena sneaks into my bed.

What does winter mean to you?
Winter is when trees are with icicles on them.

If you climbed to the top of a tree, what would you see when you get there?
I would see a tiny giraffe and an elephant.

After their Conner Prairie field trip, they were asked "what chores do you do at home?"
I put my dinner dish on the counter after dinner. I clean up my toys and sing the clean-up song.

Pretend you are taking a walk and you come to a big hole. What do you see when you look down?
A lot of bugs. I could jump over it.

What makes you special?
God makes us special.