Saturday, June 12, 2010

Elena and "Her Baby"


 
For whatever reason, Elena has claimed David as "her baby."  When we have our "Girl Time" together on Saturday mornings (running exciting errands like grocery shopping and picking up the dry cleaning), she often asks if "her baby" can come with.  He is a happy passenger in the baby Bjorn, so he usually gets to join our fun. 

On THIS particular Saturday after all the boring errands were completed, we headed downtown to attend Talbot Street Art Fair, Sesame Street Meet you at the Park, and shop at a few of my favorite boutiques on Mass Ave. Here she is right before we had lunch at Hoaglin to Go with her bag of new clothes from Nurture.

She likes to pretend her name is "Baby Irene" on these little outings with me, and asks me repeatedly if I am still her baby.  I think it is important we have these little outings so she can feel like she still has an important place in our family.